Looking for the perfect holiday gift this season? Give them an experience they won’t forget!
Blog post by EXIT GAME
1. Amazing Last-Minute Gift Idea
For all the procrastinators who have waited until Christmas Eve to buy a Christmas present, the escape room gift card will save your day.
2. Experiences over Things
There has been a recent trend of people valuing experiences over things. Maybe it is a generational phenomenon– millenials are portrayed in the media to have this characteristic. Or maybe this has always been the case with people, but it’s only now being talked about more. Perhaps this is a good thing for humanity, to escape the need to accumulate material items. Either way, experiences (or the memories of them) will last a lifetime, whereas the shelf life of a “thing” is fleeting. Giving an escape room as a gift is an exciting experience that can be shared with friends.
3. Unique/ Never Received This Gift Before / Memorable!
Given that escape rooms only emerged in the last few years, gifting them as presents probably does not occur to many people. Although gift cards, in general, are ultra-popular, you won’t find an escape room gift card (at least not yet) at your local grocery store. If you want to stand out as unique, give the gift of escape.
4. Never Played an Escape Room In for a big surprise!
Similar to the previous point, but this deserves its own mention. Not only will you be giving a super unique gift, but you will simultaneously be introducing a newbie into the escape universe. There has yet to be a human being found that doesn’t like escape rooms (truth, does not require source). Your gamble here will pay super big dividends once your giftee discovers that you’ve introduced them to their new biggest passion in life.
That look you give when you find out you are going to an escape room
5. Easy Gift / Technically an E-commerce purchase
Technology (high five to the internet) has made it easy for you to gift this experience. Although you can buy a gift voucher online and the person can redeem it online, they WILL eventually have to visit a physical location to fully experience the gift.
6. A “Flexible” Gift
An escape room can be a great gift whether you know the person really well or not (like a secret Santa or white elephant exchange). The person you know well will think, “wow, what a thoughtful gift!” While the stranger will think, “cool, I’ve always wanted to try an escape room!” Additionally– the person receiving the escape room gift voucher: 1) Can redeem it whenever they want (no expiration); 2)Play any game (offered at location). 3)Can use for a large or smaller group. Example, 10 tickets can be used for 1 game and 10 people; or, 2 people could play all 5 games (2×5= 10 tickets); or some combination in between.
7. Double the Excitement
Happiness when they get the gift. Another dose of happiness when they actually use it. Definitely a two-fer. Best bang for your buck holiday or birthday gift idea.
8. They Might Invite You!
Selfish reason, but hey! It’s almost like buying yourself a gift, but not as obvious.
Valentine’s Special: Mechanics of the Heart
- Hide a personalized message into the game
- Remind your friends or love how much they mean to you
- Fewest printed pages
- Aligns perfectly with Valentine’s Day
- It brings you closer to those you love
New to Print+Cut+Escape, and a first for any play at home escape game, hide a personalised message into the game to remind your friends or significant others how much they mean to you, and teach MM7 about the heart in the process! Mechanics of the Heart shows love to our planet with the fewest printed pages, while not compromising on the volume of puzzles. The timing of this new mission aligns perfectly with Valentine’s Day, but its story and how it brings you closer to those you love will stand the test of time.
Mr. and Mrs. Q’s helpful and reliable reconnaissance droid, MM7, is starting to ask questions all robots inevitably ask, “What is Love?” and “How do you know you’re loved?” You’ll be tasked to help MM7 decipher the complex and puzzling ways of love in our world in order to help focus him on our daily mission to save the world from the villainous network of the Evil Professor.
Your puzzle solving and communication skills will be put to the test. Control mysterious gadgets and work your way through a two-player online escape experience. Collect items and share them with your teammate using the new items transfer feature. Help each other discover the truth of an enigmatic device and find out how the many items and controls you find can assist you. Use your new found skills to finally fix what was broken and escape the machine! Using two separate devices, play with a friend on the couch, or even across the globe on the phone or video chat!
This is the third installment of the puzzle game series: Alone Together. Try the last two games: Alone Together and the second Together-Apart.
Sneak Peak INSIDE the game:
- Title: Edaqa’s Room: Carnival
- Homepage: https://edaqasroom.com/game/carnival
- Quick Description: A Puzzling adventure at the Carnival.
- Flavour Text: The Carnival is coming and you’re definitely going! Rumour has it that a secret society is hiding there, luring potential members with puzzles spread over the fair grounds. Come; show your mettle; beat the carnies at their own games.
- Game Style: Similar to a point-and-click adventure, though less story and more puzzles.
- Multiplayer: 2-4 players in cooperative multiplayer. Solo play also works, but team play is encouraged. There is no technical player limit, though beyond four it gets busy.
- Regular Price: $12.50
- Players: 1-4, though multiplay is preferred to solo play
- Requirements: Firefox, Chrome, or newest Edge browser
- Playtime: Teams averaged around 90 minutes. There is no game timer: players may take as long as they like, even leave and come back.
- Release Date: November 13, 2020