Fright Fest At Six Flags Magic Mountain
Returns Scarier Than Ever
Find Your Fright with New Haunted Attractions
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 18, 2022 — Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 29th season of Fright Fest is back with 23 terrifying nights of monsters, ghouls, and creepy characters ready to strike fear in any one who crosses their path. The bone-chilling lineup of attractions features a daunting new haunted house, two new spine-tingling scare zones, an ominous new show, and a new haunted happy hour. Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most—an all-out terrifying experience, on select nights September 10 through October 31.
Fright Fest, presented by Snickers®, boasts a grand total of 14 electrifying haunted houses and dare-to-enter scare zones with nightmarish zombies lurking around every corner. Six Flags Magic Mountain also adds a sinister element to some of the park’s monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness. And, for the little monsters, BooFest offers frightfully fun family activities during the day with a Trick-or-Treat Trail in Bugs Bunny World.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring this legacy Halloween event back to the park. Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest is upping the scare factor with an all-new haunted house, two new scare zones, an eerie new show, plus a new haunted happy hour and buffet,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Spooky season is back in Los Angeles, and Fright Fest is the scariest event in town!” added McCoy.
Highlights of this year’s new Fright Festlineup include:
- Truth or Dare – A haunted facility that leaves guests questioning their every move, with never-before-done scares and effects in a warped game of Truth or Dare. Located near Full Throttle;
- Devil’s Triangle – The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean haunted by the many souls lost to the Devil’s triangle, who prey on guests as they enter the park;
- CarnivHELL – One of the largest scare zones in the park featuring the carnivorous band of carnies from a once-thriving circus. Located in Bugs BunnyWorld, step right up and enter if you dare;
- The Rising – An ominous show set on the remains of a sunken pirate ship revealing the battle of good versus evil and the power of the demonic Devil’s Claw. Located in the Devil’s Triangle; and
- Spirits with Spirits – An evening of monstertainment featuring music, spirits of both natures, and devilish treats located in the West Picnic Pavilion. Plus, don’t miss other ghoulish grub only available during Fright Fest at select locations around the park.
Popular returning haunted houses and mazes that incorporate state-of-the-art makeup, props, and special effects, include:
- Willoughby’s Resurrected is where evil spirits roam the once-affluent Willoughby’s Family mansion;
- Condemned – Forever Damned is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Vault 666 Unlocked is where demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them;
- Sewer of Souls takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes; and
- Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising is the region’s largest outdoor maze, covering more than 40,000 square feet where the spirits of the dead and the near-dead inhabit a post-apocalyptic city with larger-than-life props, fire, fog, and other special effects.
Additional scare zones around the park which leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out unscathed include:
- The Deadzone unleashes a renegade group of cyberpunk zombies that feed on unsuspecting visitors;
- Terror Rising – Dark Developmentshaunts guests for all eternity as their worst nightmares rise up from the depths of hell and prey on the innocent who dare to enter this abandoned cemetery;
- City Under Siege is full of clowns who are loose and running rampant through the streets;
- TERRORtory Twisted is home to steam-spewing mechanical beasts who relentlessly hunt down their victims;
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy is where childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
- Exile Hill makes guests freak out when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
More spooktacular shows include:
- Unleashed located in City Under Siege, takes place at 7:00pm nightly when the monsters of Fright Fest break free;
- VooDoo Nights returns where ghoul rock goes pop with today’s hits. Guests will want to dust off those thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
Fright Fest operating days include:
Fridays: September 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28
Saturdays: September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Sundays: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Monday: October 31
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit our website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
Six Flags Magic Mountain is currently hiring ghouls and scare actors for Fright Fest. Team Members receive in-park discounts, rewards and recognitions, exclusive Team Member events, and more. Applicants, age 16 and older, can apply online at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/jobs.
About Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain, known as the Thrill Capital of the World, boasts 20 world-class roller coasters—more than any other theme park on the planet—and is home to more than 100 rides, games, and attractions, including roller coaster icons like Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, Full Throttle, and X2. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
Follow us on Twitter @sfmagicmountain
Like us on Facebook @sixflagsmagicmountain @sixflagshurricaneharborla
Follow us on Instagram @sixflagsmagicmountain
Follow us on TikTok @sfmagicmountain @hurricaneharborla