Six Flags Magic Mountain Lights Up the Holiday Season With the Return of Holiday in the Park®
The “Thrill Capital of the World” Transforms into a Magical Winter Wonderland
VALENCIA, California — November 9, 2021 — Six Flags Magic Mountain lights up the holiday season with the return of the beloved winter extravaganza—Holiday in the Park—select days November 20 through January 2. Revelers of all ages will be delighted as the park transforms into a dazzling winter wonderland with more than two million twinkling lights in eight uniquely themed areas. The magic of Holiday in the Park begins at 5:00pm on select nights throughout the 125-acre park amidst the thrilling collection of world-class coasters and family attractions. From festive entertainment and musical light displays, to delicious seasonal treats and limited- edition holiday-themed gifts and souvenirs, it’s a holiday spectacular for all to enjoy.
“We are excited to be celebrating the magic of the season with the return of our annual holiday event,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Following last year’s successful, first-ever Holiday in the Park Drive-thru event, it feels particularly meaningful to return to the Six Flags holiday traditions our guests have come to love and expect. To commemorate this important occasion, we’re expanding Holiday in the Park by adding even more lights and new theming around the park, elevating the thrilling sights and sounds of the holidays in a truly captivating way,” added McCoy.
For a taste of the holidays, Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Holiday in the Park exclusive culinary delights will light up your taste buds with a wide variety of specialty holiday-inspired main courses like turkey poutine, cranberry pulled pork sandwiches, and brisket and mac ’n cheese egg rolls. If that’s not enough, festive sweets and treats include freshly made peppermint bark, cinnamon apple funnel cakes, Rudolph’s Thrill Shakes, and much more. Guests can also cozy up with loved ones and roast marshmallows over an open fire pit at one of several locations around the park.
To add to the merriment, guests can take home Holiday in the Park gifts and souvenirs including novelty apparel, ornaments, and soft plush toys. For every Holiday Friend plush toy purchased, Six Flags will donate five dollars to Special Olympics.
As guests enter Holiday in the Park, they will experience eight immersive and one-of-a-kind themed areas, including:
• The NEW HollyRock!, located in The Underground, takes guests back in time through a lighted time-travel tunnel into the fabulous 1950’s, for a rockabilly holiday extravaganza featuring thousands of lights, a dazzling 22-foot tree, classic cars, festive “oldies” music, jolly jugglers, an open fire pit to roast s’mores, and more;
• The reimagined Peppermint Path, lined with thousands of candy cane red and white lights, offers a twisted peppermint surprise along the midway from Viper to Katy’s Kettle;
• Polar Point, located near Viper, returns as a fan favorite from the Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience with whimsical icy lights and larger-than-life snow sculptures in an enchanted winter wonderland;
• Santa’s Village is home to Santa and Mrs. Claus along with their merry elves. Visit Santa in his Cottage or join Mrs. Claus for holiday stories and crafts. Located in the Golden Bear Plaza every Holiday in the Park operating day beginning at 1:00 pm until December 24;
• Merry Lane, located in METROPOLISTM featuring thousands of twinkling lights synchronized to holiday music and magnificent, larger-than-life 30-foot brilliantly lit walk through ornaments. Plus, guests can make their holiday wishes nearby at the Wishing Oak, a hundred-year-old oak tree illuminated with thousands of white lights;
• Gleampunk District is beautifully lit with thousands of lights along the tree-lined streets and planters, transporting guests into the 19th century with the sights and sounds of the Industrial Revolution. On the façade of Gearworks Theater, revelers will view a delightful video journey into the inner workings of the Steampunk Candy and Toy Factory;
• Holiday Square will dazzle guests with a kaleidoscope of hundreds of thousands of breath-taking colored lights on trees and buildings throughout the area, sprinkled with the wonder of falling snowflakes for everyone to enjoy; and
• Snowy Nights, a novel celebration of the season with silvery trees and a live holiday show featuring contemporary music and themed dancers on the Full Throttle stage.
Holiday in the Park Operating Hours and Days:
10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. – November 20–28, December 4, 5, 11, 12, 18–31, January 1, 2 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. – December 3, 10, 17
For the ultimate holiday gift, buy a Six Flags Magic Mountain 2022 Season Pass or Membership and enjoy the new Six Flags Rewards program which includes offers for free food, souvenirs, tickets, and one-of-a-kind in-park experiences, plus park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®.
For more information on Season Passes, Memberships, or Holiday in the Park, please visit http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world- class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.